- - Product number: OZA1025
Oxalic acid is an organic compound found in low concentrations in peanuts, pecans, wheat bran, chocolate and many other foods we eat. It is what gives these foods a slightly bitter taste. In high concentrations oxalic acid is poisonous and extreme care in handling the product is needed.
Oxalic acid is 70 times more toxic to varroa mites than bees, so it makes it a good miticide when the right concentrations are used. In the dribble method apply 3 to 5ml of a 2.8% w/w in a 50% sugar solution per seam of bees when the colony is broodless. Go to http://scientificbeekeeping.com/oxalic-acid-questions-answers-and-more-questions-part-1-of-2-parts/ to learn more.
For the vapourisation method go to https://www.dadant.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/2011/09/Dadant_OxalicAcidVaporizer_QandA.pdf