This Hi-tech Varroa miticidal strip is the gold standard for all varroa treatments. It continues to produce the best mite drop around the world! A non-volatile agent that will not evaporate when the pouch is opened. Just fold closed and clip with a clothes peg or tape. These have the longest shelf life on the market meaning you get more bang for your buck. And due to the specialised and scientifically developed strip technology, it offers superior varroa miticidal properties while minimising the effect on your bees! No other strip can compete.
This is for a sealed packet of 10 Apistan Strips, price is per packet of 10 strips.
- An excellent treatment option where there is no resistance. Alternating treatments with Apiguard should ensure no resistance develops
- Eliminates up to 100% of all mites in a hive
- Strips can be used in a hive for up to 8 weeks
- Will not give sub-lethal dose during 8 week period - controlled release combined with therapeutic doseage, used correctly will not promote resistance in mites
- Proven efficacy from beginning to end of treatment period
- Apistan is that effective that it will resurrect hives that are collapsing from parasitic mite syndrome
- Economic to use; only 2 strips of Apistan per brood nest, NOT 4 as the other synthetic pyrethroid product requires
Since the 1980s it has been the benchmark treatment and is now registered for use in more than 40 countries. It is very easy to apply – simply insert two strips in the brood box of a standard colony for 6 to 8 weeks (preferably not during the honey flow) once a year or as mite levels dictate.
Alternate your treatment with Apiguard! Apistan and Apiguard are ideal alternative treatments for a good management plan.
If you are unsure about which treatment is best for your hives, please contact our knowledgeable staff. We are happy to discuss the best plan to combat varroa.
For more information on Apistan visit http://www.vita-europe.com/products/apistan