Varroa Mite Test Bottle!
Varroa Mite Test Bottle is a ready-to-use varroa mite shaker that makes monitoring infestations more accurate and reliable than ever before and best of all it is New Zealand made!
- Designed for effectiveness: The filter basket is the key to the test bottles reliability! Fallen mites pass through the slots in the base and sides of the filter basket.
- Quick and easy to use. And complete printed copyrighted instructions come in four languages (English, French, Spanish and German).
- Easily transportable and made from robust, solid material.
- Tight-fitting lid is leak-free and comfortable to use.
- A 1/2 cup measuring scoop is included and fits neatly in the test bottle when you are done.
- Transparent bowl allows accurate counting and reliable sampling.
Why monitor varroa infestation?
- To detect a massive varroa build-up and plan treatment options (in early spring or between honey flows, for example).
- To optimize treatment strategy (when and how to treat).
- To discover early if the varroa mites are developing resistance to a particular treatment chemical.
Did you know?
- A 3% infestation if not treated immediately will usually end with a dead hive.
Please note this does NOT come with iso-propyl alcohol, which is readily available from your local hardware store.