Locally designed and manufactured. Use with a 12V battery (not included)
- - Product number: OZA1002
Oxalic acid sold separately.
Please remember the following:
- Use a timer and only vapourise for 2 mins from a fully charged battery.
- Use one gram of oxalic acid (approx 1/4 teaspoon) per brood chamber (most hives have two brood chambers).
- Place the oxalic acid in the heating element pan.
- Put the pan into the hive entrance under the brood frames
- Cover the entrance with a cloth
- Connect the vapouriser leads to a 12 volt battery
- Start the timer set for 2 min
- After the 2 min disconnect from the battery
- Leave the hive closed for 2 to 10 min to let the vapouriser cool down.
- Remove the cloth
- Remove your vapouriser.
- Ensure the vapouriser pan has cooled down before you do the next hive.
Keep out of reach of children. When using oxalic acid use safety gear ie: Gloves, goggles and a face mask. Stay up-wind during use.
You will need to treat every 7-10 days for 3 treatments to get the mites as they emerge with the brood.
Visit video link for more info http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQp9pdAOjdo