- - Product number: FLR015
Three hive entrance options at the turn of a dial and Hive Locators - The colourful locators assist the returning queen to identify her hive and reduce bee drift (assists in the prevention of cross-hive disease and infection).
- Open Position - Standard 60mm Entrance is sufficient all year. NOTE: if your preference is to have a wide opening the hive can be lifted over the front hive stop lugs and moved forwards providing an entrance across the width of the hive.
- Wasp Stop - Turn the dial Clockwise to the indexed wasp stop position and create an 8mm reduced entrance.
- Closed Position - Turn the dial Clockwise to close off the entrance of the hive for moving.
Detachable pest tray (Available separately). Designed tough for Steel strapping - Guide groove to assist location of steel strapping plus strengthened mid section to handle high loads.
- Monitor Varroa - Quickly check for Varroa levels by using the quick reference grid on the base of the white varroa trays.
- SHB Trap - Use a black pest tray to create a darkened trap cavity for the SHB to be trapped. Australia's most successful trap to date!
Brood Box location lugs - Secure hives from livestock interference and prevent hives from being pushed off the bottom board.
Semi Ventilated base (6% Ventilation) - Assists removal of mites while also removing moisture and hive debris. Up to 90% less ventilation than a standard mesh bottom board.
Corner Pallet anchors - Fasten bottom board to pallets to create a strong integrated hive base. Remove and sterilise if an AFB issue occurs.
Brood box leverage areas - Specifically designed to enable ease of opening the hive with your standard hive tool, even when box’s are firmly propolised to the base.